Book Launch and Film Screening
Before We Were Trans, by Kit Heyam
Framing Agnes, with Morgan M Page
Wednesday 29th June
2 Regent Street, Leeds LS2 7QA
Doors open at 6.30pm
Starting at 7pm:
BEFORE WE WERE TRANS Book Launch
Before We Were Trans tells the stories of people from across the globe who lived outside the gender binary before our current ideas of transness formed. Writer and trans activist Kit Heyam will read an extract from the book and take part in a discussion with Gem of Sweep Hill Publishing. There will then be a book signing, with books available to buy from the Bookish Type.
Interval: delicious vegan food will be available, and the bar at CLAY will be open.
FRAMING AGNES Screening (2022, 1 hr 15 min)
After discovering case files from a 1950s gender clinic, a cast of trans actors turn a talk show inside out to confront the legacy of a young trans woman forced to choose between honesty and access. This will be the first Northern screening of this award-winning documentary, and we're delighted to have writer Morgan M Page for a Q&A session with after the screening.
Pre-booked tickets are now sold out. Tickets will also be available on the door but we cannot guarantee entry if the venue is at capacity.
• The venue is wheelchair accessible with a single step entrance with ramp.
• Off-street parking is available nearby (charges may apply).
• All toilets are for all genders. An accessible toilet will be available.
• There is a range of seating available in the room including hard backed chairs, sofas, chairs with arms.
• The event will be BSL interpreted and the film will be screened with English language subtitles.