Michelle Tea: Book Talk & Signing
Thursday 1st Sept 2022 7pm
2 Regent Street, Leeds LS2 7QA
We are delighted to welcome US author, poet and queer icon, Michelle Tea to Leeds for the publication of her new book. Knocking Myself Up is the irreverent, witty, heartfelt account of her journey to pregnancy and parenthood as a 40 year-old, queer woman.
Michelle will give a reading and chat about her book with The Bookish Type. She will also sign copies of her book which will be available to purchase at the event.
After an interval we will be screening the gentle, intimate documentary feature film, A Deal with the Universe which chronicles trans filmmaker Jason Barker’s pregnancy.
Book talk 7:00
Interval & book signing 8:00
Feature Film 8:30
End around 10:15
🌭 Vegan snacks available and bar will be open.
🎫 Tickets are Pay What You Can in advance with a limited number on the door.
• The venue is wheelchair accessible with a single step entrance with ramp.
• Off-street parking is available nearby (charges may apply).
• All toilets are for all genders. An accessible toilet will be available.
• There is a range of seating available in the room including hard backed chairs, sofas, chairs with arms.
• The film will be shown with English subtitles.